Saturday, April 16, 2011

I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Well, it's been entirely way too long since I have updated this blog. It probably wouldn't have been so long, but I'm terrible at writing and I've been super busy with work. Since my last post I have done 19 sessions. Whoops!

I guess its true when they say, "you are your own worst critic." During every shoot, I feel like I don't get any good images, but after I go through the 100+ pictures, about 30 times I start to change my mind a little. Then, I edit & I am always happy with the results. I don't know why, but I do this every time. I think I need a refresher course or something to make me more excited about photography again. I love, love, love to do it, but I've been so drained lately. It's super sad. I alsowant to learn more about photoshop cs5 and elements. I do not have the patience for it, but I'm trying to work on that. If I had someone to teach me, I think I'd be a lot better. As of now I'm only using Lightroom 3.

However, I am SO excited about the senior shoot today with Emily! She is oh soo gorgeous and I'm sure these pictures will be wonderful. I could also leave you with 19 pictures, but I'm only leaving one. Visit my Facebook Badge on this page and it will lead you to my photography site.



2 comments:

  1. First of all, you are not a bad writer. I like your writing style, I think it's fun! Secondly, don't feel like you're alone when you worry about the successfulness of your photos during a session. I can't speak for other photographers but I know for me, I'm constantly second guessing myself. I've done a lot of reflecting in this regard and at the end of the day I've determined that it's more beneficial than harmful. It's part of bettering yourself and growing your talent. If you didn't have a critical eye you would not progress. No one would. Keep being critical, constructively ;) And lastly, I want to motivate you to give Photoshop another shot. It will transform your photographs like you wouldn't believe. I am 100% self taught. Girl, if I can do it anyone can. I will agree that it is easier to have guidance, most definitely. If you have any specific questions about PS, please send them my way. I'd love to help any way I can.

    Keep up the good work!

    <3 Shauna

    ReplyDelete